Tuesday 17 November 2009

How I got into art journaling


One day I came across Craft magazine and bought it and loved it so much I even subscribed to it(http://www.craftzine.com/ ) . Then issue two arrived with an artical about art journaling in it.In the magazine they told me what it was and how you could to it and recommended a moleskin journal to start off in.So I went down the town and bought a moleskine. Then I searched on flickr " art journal" and "Moleskin" and came across many inspiring images. Try it for yourself.Then I had ago myself.First a page about me which was just writing and a few doodles really. Thats all my first pages where writing and doodling.BUT then I went on youtube and searched art journaling and found suzi blu.So I did what she told me dont worry about your art not being perfect just do it. Now my pages started to evolve from just writing and doodles to doodles on painted backgrounds, then collages,altered magazine images. Then as time went on the writing got less and the paint more.I bought some artist Pitt pens and started using them on my pages.Alot of my art was ( and sometimes still is) simply drawings on mixed media backgrounds. I started experimenting with doors in the pages and using pages of old books in my journal. Soon i was hooked.I could not not art journal. I found many cool links to sites and have know filled three art journals.All are moleskin sketchbooks so now Im getting a bit out of my comfort zone and am using a moleskine watercolour journal.
Happy art journaling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment