Wednesday 7 April 2010

StudioWednesday 7.4.2010



I have decided I will not post my art pages on thursday.I will post them whenever, but
I will do so once a week.Okay guys?
Anyway:
Below is my first art journal page in my new handmade art journal,I have already done way more but I am always abit behind with uploading photos.But who cares? I did this page by first taking my neocolour IIs and appling them to the background and adding water so that you get that lovely blend of colours. I love having lots of colours on my pages.Then i tried out tape trasfer for the image.The way you do so, is take some clear packaging tape, the wide kind and laying the image onto it.Wet this and rub off the back layers of your image.This leaaves only the top layers of paper and therefore the image on the cellotape.The reason I have lines going through mine is because I did not have wide tape , so I had to improvise with normal tape.I still think it turned out fab, don't you? I want to buy some clear packaging tape, so I can try again.

After doing all this, I sat infront of the telly with scissors, a glue roll(very handy) and my box of patterned papers.I just sat there and cut and pasted pretty images the whole evening.Very relaxing. At the end of it all I decided not to add any words as I find this page is like a picture of some secret coloured water.The girl looks like she is under water and it seems to tell me a a million things without any words and i did not want to ruin this.I really like this page.

The next one, is my version of journalgirl's prompt(what makes a miserable art journaler?).I used many layers of paint and paper scraps to gat the background, but I really do like the background.Then I just added my list :

  1. 1.She tries to exactly copy other peoples art.Just copy the elements you lika nd combine into your own style.
  2. She tests everything out before doing it. You should react frominstinct. Your art journal is you place to be free from judgement on how good things are.
  3. Isn't ever happy with what she creates.Sure we don not always create good pieces, but If you dont like the page, you at least liked the process right?
  4. She does not capture her personality and feelings in her art journal
  5. She always does the same basic thing. So say, text in corner and picture at top.Have fun and play with placemnt¨
  6. She lays one layer of background and then is done.Layer you back grounds.Layering is fun!
  7. She plans out her next page!Just be creative

At the moment I am challenging myself with daisyyellow april creative challenge, Make a list of 100 ways to use a paintbrush!It is hard,but very funa dn really makes your brain think creatively!I have 25 ideas so far!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment