This is a rose doodle i did on top of a journal page.
"We can mourn because roses have thorns or rejoce because thorn bushes have roses." Abraham Lincoln
9 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD DOODLE
2.It will make waiting for longperiods of time seem to pass a lot quicker
3.It will improve your drawing skills and control over your pen
4.You can do it on any piece of paper-no matter how big
5.You can do it any where(so alwys bring a pen and doodle on a recieppt or napkin if you don't have any paper.
6.It will make you relaxed
7.You dont have to be good at drawing to do good doodles
8.Doodling hepls you take in information-your mind processes things you are thinking about while your hands are in a mindless action
9.It helps you unwind before you go to bed
- Dont think about it to much, just sit in a comfy position, grab a pen and paper and just start.
- You can dooodle on anything, but it would be nice to have your own little notebook(tht is small enough to fit in your handbag)to carry round with you.
- You can use any kind of pen or pencil to doodle with, but i recommend finding a pen you love and buy a extra one(in my case the fine artists pITT pen) as it may get lost in the process of taking it any where
- if you find it hard to start check out daisy yelllow (see link below) for some fab mandala doodles and also check out sue doodles(http://suedoodles.wordpress.com/)
- Use a waterproof marker the you can upgrade your doodle by colouring it in witha water coulours
- Another way to upgrade it would be to collage around your doodle or to colour it in with another medium
- Doodling in neocolour is diffrent but fun!!!!
I have been reading daisy yellow a lot lately(http://daisyyellow.squarespace.com/).On it you will find lots of prompts , quotes and links.So almost every post has high value.So go check it out.